Backround

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Squirrel Thank You Card



Challenge #12: Add Texture


How do you add texture to your paper crafts? We can't wait to see!


Create a paper craft that showcases how you add texture, 


and tell us about it in your blog post. 


Codes: M, 3E, C10



Challenge ends July 14th.



Sponsor:


We've been waiting patiently for this sponsor, and now, it's time. Our sponsor is the ever-popular, Carri~abusybee from DoubleClick. Carri~abusybee is best known and loved for her Skittles. The winner of our challenge will receive three randomly selected skittle colors. Each bag will contain 25 skittles. That's a total of 75 skittles!! Check out her blog for more information.... and buy some skittles while you are there!















To claim your prize, email scrapbookerphd@gmail.com. 







Since my birthday was a few days ago, I knew I would have to be making a lot of thank-you cards, so I decided to do one for my example to the "Add Texture Challenge"  by ScrapbookerPhD. This is my first challenge example as a member of the design team, and I am super excited! Since we are moving, most of the crafting supplies had been packed away, so I had limited tools to make this card.
First, I started with adding some texture to some plain green paper with a Cuttlebug, using a heart patterned embossing folder. I got the cute squirrel image from Some Odd Girl's digital stamps, and printed it out on printer paper, colored it in, and cut it out. I cut out some strips of orange, and a colorful patterned paper, then made a tag to put my sentiment on. I inked the edges of my tag, then stamped on "thank you!" as the final touch.

This card was super easy and fun to make! It shows that you can be crafty, even if you don't have a lot of supplies! I hope this helped inspire you for the "Add Texture Challenge" to make something creative yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment