Backround

Thursday, September 12, 2013

"Happy Happy Birthday" Ice Cream Card

For my Aunt's birthday, instead of just buying er a card from the store, I decided it would be much more fun and unique to create my own for her!
I started off by using a Cuttlebug to emboss a swirling, cloud-like design. But when I did this, I made sure to line up the embossing plate to leave a space to stamp my saying from my Lawn Fawn stamp set.

After this, I used a piece of blue painter's tape to cover up the bottom of the card for when I planned to ink the embossed, white paper.
I used Megan Elizabeth's Chillax colored ink, and a sponge to lightly dab it on.
After this, I used Megan Elizabeth's adhesive squares on the back of my inked, and embossed paper, and stuck it onto my card. Along with this, I stamped on my saying: "Happy Happy Birthday".
Using a Lawn Fawn stamp set, I stamped six ice cream cones, and colored them in. Then, I lined them up in a curve, and glued them on.

After that, I decided my card needed a little something more, and I instantly thought of The Buckle Boutique's great rainbow rhinestone sheets! Using my Cricut I cut out a heart, to put on as the final touch.


1 comment: